|Prof. Chen received his B.S. degree from University of Science and Technology of China in 2000 and his Ph.D. degree in condensed matter physics from Purdue University in 2007. He worked as a post-doctoral fellow at University of California, San Diego (UCSD) before he moved to the Materials Science Division of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in 2011. From 2012 to 2015, full professor at Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility, Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Since January of 2015, he joined the School of Physical Science and Technology of ShanghaiTech University as an assistant professor、PI.|
|We apply a broad range of X-ray and optical techniques, including X-ray diffraction, scattering and absorption, FTIR, and Raman spectroscopy, to study nanoscale and energy-related materials.|
1. Z. Liu, L. Wu, X. Wang, Q. Xu, Y. Hu, K. Meng and G. Chen*, “Improving efficiency and stability of colorful perovskite solar cells with two-dimensional photonic crystals”, Nanoscale (2020) DOI: 10.1039/D0NR00459F.
2. Z. Liu, K. Meng, X. Wang, Z. Qiao, Q. Xu, S. Li, L. Cheng, Z. Li, and G. Chen*, “In Situ Observation of Vapor-Assisted 2D-3D Heterostructure Formation for Stable and Efficient Perovskite Solar Cells”, Nano Lett. 20, 1296 (2020).
3. M. Du, K. Zhou*, X. Wang, J. Zhang, Y. Zhang, J. Dong, L. Wu, Z. Qiao, G. Chen*, and Q. Wang*, “Precise Fabrication of De Novo Nanoparticle Lattices on Dynamic 2D Protein Crystalline Lattices”, Nano Lett. 20,1154 (2020).
4. X. Wang, L. Wu, G. Wang, and G. Chen*, “Dynamic Crystallization and Phase Transition in Evaporating Colloidal Droplets”, Nano Lett. 19, 8225 (2019).
5. Q. Xu, K. Meng, Z. Liu, X. Wang, Y. Hu, Z. Qiao, S. Li, L. Cheng, and G. Chen*, “Synergistic improvements in efficiency and stability of 2D perovskite solar cells with metal ion doping”, Adv. Mater. Interf. 6, 1901259 (2019).
6. Z. Li, N. Liu, K. Meng*, Z. Liu, Y. Hu, Q. Xu, X. Wang, S. Li, L. Cheng, and G. Chen*, “A New Organic Interlayer Spacer for Stable and Efficient 2D Ruddlesden-Popper Perovskite Solar Cells”, Nano Lett. 19, 5237 (2019).
7. K. Meng, X. Wang, Q. Xu, Z. Li, Z. Liu, L. Wu, Y. Hu, N. Liu, and G. Chen*, “In Situ Observation of Crystallization Dynamics and Grain Orientation in Sequential Deposition of Metal Halide Perovskites”, Adv. Funct. Mater. 29, 1902319 (2019) (Cover).
8. L. Wu, X. Wang, and G. Chen*, “Experimental evidence for x-ray standing wave modulated surface scattering effect”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 114, 141601 (2019) (Cover & Editor’s Pick).
9. Z. He, H. Jiang, L. Wu, J. Liu*, G. Wang, X. Wang, J. Wang, Z. Hou, G. Chen*, and S. Yu*, “Real-Time Probing of Nanowire Assembly Kinetics at the Air-Water Interface by In Situ Synchrotron X-Ray Scattering”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 57, 8130 (2018).
10. L. Wu, X. Wang, G. Wang, and G. Chen*, “In Situ X-ray scattering observation of two-dimensional interfacial colloidal crystallization”, Nature Commun. 9, 1335 (2018).
11. J. Zhang, X. Wang, K. Zhou, G. Chen*, and Q. Wang*, “Self-Assembly of Protein Crystals with Different Crystal Structures Using Tobacco Mosaic Virus Coat Protein as a Building Block”, ACS Nano 12, 1673 (2018).
12. K. Meng, L. Wu, Z. Liu, X. Wang, Q. Xu, Y. Hu, S. He, X. Li, T. Li, and G. Chen*, “In Situ Real-Time Study of the Dynamic Formation and Conversion Processes of Metal Halide Perovskite Films”, Adv. Mater. 30, 1706401 (2018).
13. K. Meng, Z. Liu, L. Wu, X. Wang, Q. Xu, Y. Hu, Z. Xiu, and G. Chen*, “Controllable Formation of Efficient CuSe Counter Electrodes for Quantum Dot Sensitized Solar Cells”, J. Electrochem. Soc. 164, F1566 (2017).
14. Y. Liu, D. Shen, G. Chen, A. A. Elzatahry, M. Pal, H. Zhu, L. Wu, J. Lin, D. Al-Dahyan, W. Li*, and D. Zhao*, “Mesoporous Silica Thin Membranes with Large Vertical Mesochannels for Nanosize-Based Separation”, Adv. Mater. 29, 1702274 (2017).
15. G. Wang, K. Meng, Z. He, L. Wu, Z. Liu, X. Wang, W. Li, R. Tai, S. Yu, and G. Chen*, “Wide-angle polarization-free plasmon-enhanced light absorption in perovskite films using silver nanowires”, Opt. Express 25, 3594 (2017).
16. L. Wu, Y. Liu, X. Wang, G. Wang, D. Zhao, and G. Chen*, “X-ray standing wave enhanced scattering from mesoporous silica thin films”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 110, 041603 (2017).
17. Y. Liu, K. Lan, S. Li, Y. Liu, B. Kong, G. Wang, P. Zhang, R. Wang, H. He, Y. Ling, A. M. Al-Enizi, A. A. Elzatahry, Y. Cao, G. Chen, and D. Zhao*, “Constructing Three-Dimensional Mesoporous Bouquet-Posy-like TiO2 Superstructures with Radially Oriented Mesochannels and Single-Crystal Walls”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 139, 517 (2017).
18. H. Li, M. Xie, C. Cui, D. He, M. Gong, J. Jiang*, Y. Zheng, G. Chen, Y. Lei, and S. Yu*, “Surface Charge Polarization at the Interface: Enhancing the Oxygen Reduction via Precise Synthesis of Heterogeneous Ultrathin Pt/PtTe Nanowire”(cover), Chem. Mater. 28, 8890 (2016).
19. G. Wang, L. Xu, L. Wu, K. Meng, X. Wang, Z. Liu, C. Fan, and G. Chen*, “X-ray and optical characterizations of DNA-mediated Janus nanostructures”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 109, 233101 (2016).
20. K. Meng, G. Shan, L. Wu, G. Wang, X. Liu, G. Chen, Z. Liu, and G. Chen*, “Two-Dimensional Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Perovskite Photonic Films”, Nano Lett. 16, 4166 (2016).
21. L. Xu, G. Wang, J. Shen, H. Geng, W. Li, L. Wu, G. Shan, J. Wang, L. Wang, C. Fan*, and G. Chen*, “Structural and optical control of DNA-mediated Janus plasmonic nanostructures”, Nanoscale 8, 9337 (2016).
22. W. Li, G. Wang, X. Zhang, H. Geng, J. Shen, L. Wang, J. Zhao, L. Xu, L. Zhang, Y. Wu, R. Tai, and G. Chen*, “Geometrical and morphological optimizations of plasmonic nanoarrays for high-performance SERS detection”, Nanoscale 7, 15487 (2015).
23. K. Meng, G. Chen*, and K. Thampi*, “Metal chalcogenides as counter electrode materials in quantum dot sensitized solar cells: a perspective”, J. Mater. Chem. A 3, 23074 (2015).
24. Y. Liu, R. Che, G. Chen, J. Fan, Z. Sun, Z. Wu, M. Wang, B. Li, J. Wei, Y. Wei, G. Wang, G. Guan, A. Elzatahry, A. Bagabas, A. Al-Enizi, Y. Deng, H. Peng, and D. Zhao*, “Radially oriented mesoporous TiO2 microspheres with single-crystal-like anatase walls for high-efficiency optoelectronic devices”, Science Advances 1, e1500166 (2015).
25. J. Shen, L. Xu, C. Wang, H. Pei, R. Tai, S. Song, Q. Huang, C. Fan*, and G. Chen*, “Dynamic and Quantitative Control of the DNA-Mediated Growth of Gold Plasmonic Nanostructures”,Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 53, 8338 (2014).
26. X. Liu, X. Chen*, J. Wang, G. Chen*, and H. Zhang*, “Hydrogen-Bonded Polymers with Bent-Shaped Side Chains and Poly(4-vinylpridine) Backbone: Phase Behavior and Thin Film Morphologies”, Macromolecules 47, 3917 (2014).
27. L. Gomez et al. (LCLS project), “Shapes and vorticities of superfluid helium nanodroplets”, Science 345, 906 (2014).
28. G. Chen*, P. H. Zwart, and D. Li, “Component Particle Structure in Heterogeneous Disordered Ensembles Extracted from High-Throughput Fluctuation X-Ray Scattering”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 195501 (2013).
29. G. Chen, I. Miotkowski, and A. K. Ramdas, “Lyman spectra of holes bound to Cu, Ag, and Au acceptors in ZnTe and CdTe”, Phys. Rev. B 85, 165210 (2012).
30. G. Chen, M. Modestino, B. Poon, A. Schirotzek, S. Marchesini, R. Segalman, A. Hexemer, and P. Zwart, “Structure determination of Pt-coated Au dumbbells via fluctuation X-ray scattering”, J. Synchrotron Rad. 19, 695 (2012).
31. L. Tayebi, Y. Ma, D. Vashaee, G. Chen, S. Sinha, and A. Parikh, “Long-range interlayer alignment of intralayer domains in stacked lipid bilayers”(cover), Nature Mater. 11, 1074 (2012).
32. G. Chen, J. S. Bhosale, I. Miotkowski, and A. K. Ramdas, “Spectroscopic signatures of novel oxygen-defect complexes in stoichiometrically controlled CdSe”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 195502 (2008).
33. G. Chen, I. Miotkowski, S. Rodriguez, and A. K. Ramdas, “Stoichiometry driven impurity configurations in compound semiconductors”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 96, 035508 (2006).