1. C. Zhong, T. Gurry, A. Cheng, J. Downey, Z. T. Deng, M. Stultz, T. K. Lu. Strong underwater adhesives made by self-assembling multi-protein nanofibers. (Nature Nanotechnology 2014, In press).
2. C. Zhong, Y. X. Deng, A. Kapetanovic, M. Rolandi, A polysaccharide bioprotonic field-effect transistor. Nature Communications 2011, 2, 476.
3. C. Zhong, A.Kapetanovic, Y. X. Deng, M. Rolandi, A chitin nanofiber ink for airbrushing, replica molding and microcontact printing of self-assembled marco-, micro- and nanostructures. Advanced Materials 2011, 23, 4776-4781. (Inside cover feature).
4. C. Zhong, C.C.Chu, Biomimetic mineralization of acid polysaccharide-based hydrogels: Towards porous 3-dimensional bone-like biocomposites. Journal of Materials Chemistry 2012, 22, 6080-6087. (Highlighted in Biomimetic Materials Collection on RSC Biomaterials Science Blog).
5. C. Zhong, A. Cooper, A. Kapetanovic, M. Zhang, M. Rolandi, A facile bottom-up route to self-assembled biogenic chitin nanofibers. Soft Matter 2010, 6, 5298-5301.
6. C. Zhong, C. C. Chu, Acid polysaccharide-induced amorphous calcium carbonate (ACC) films: colloidal nanoparticle self-organization process. Langmuir 2009, 25, 3045–3049.
7. A. Y. Chen, C. Zhong, T. K. Lu, Engineering living functional materials, (ACS Synthetic Biology 2014 , Perspective paper, In press).